23 April 2010

a sweet life, indeed...

do you ever have days when everything goes pretty much just fine?

not spectacular. not earth-shattering. not momentous. just pretty much fine.




better yet, when pretty much just fine is pretty much just right? yeah. i had that day yesterday. still smiling about it.

i've tried forever to boil it down. reduce it so i can remember how little it takes to be happy. surprises me every time, but it always starts with a smile.

are you smiling enough? you should be smiling enough. are you getting enough hugs? good kisses? i worry about these things. don't mind me. butting out now. xoxo

this is one of mary's pictures that makes me smile effortlessly. plus i could eat it. uncle sugar asked if i wrote those words for him. i told him yes. don't say anything, but i also wrote them for you. in the shoppe now, just in time for mother's day.

16 comments:

wool and misc said...

this post made me :)


♥!

Mary said...

Perfectly said, as always. This one especially made me smile.

Anonymous said...

karey. you make me smile. effortlessly.
always.
xo.

meezo said...

:)
:)
:)
:)
:)

Melissa de la Fuente said...

What a beautiful post and I am so right there with you my friend....and this photo & words? Gorgeous, delicious and perfect. Have a great weekend darlin!
xo
Melis

The House That A-M Built said...

I'm smilin' A-M xx

Sue said...

I really needed this at just this moment!

Sue

jules @ The Diversion Project said...

too good, too too too too good. i'm smiling now! jxxx

Brandi said...

i very much like days like that. i notice they're usually filled with hugs.

jules @ The Diversion Project said...

pls excuse the interruption to the normal broadcast, but.......'hottest groom ever', let me just say -

Y.U.M.

...thank you, pls do continue.....


xx

Anonymous said...

I pretty much can't wipe the smile off my face these days!

Relyn Lawson said...

Lots of hugs and kisses, thank you. Keep worrying, friend. That's one of the reasons why we love you.

Art Wall Katie said...

Yes! Especially after a day of gardening and getting things done around the house. Funny how those days feel better than a day full of relaxation/laziness.

krista said...

sometimes i fake smile. because i figure fake it till it works, right? but you...i never have to fake smile at your words.

Maria | Vintage Simple said...

I'm smiling right now. Thank you, dear. You're the best.

xoxo,
-maria

dee said...

I love those days. I am constantly trying to live in the moment and appreciate how good I have it...Devon giggling, the dogs sleeping, me working from home. I feel very lucky.