23 February 2010

things i learned this weekend...

my imaginary life feels brighter since i tripped over india knight's posterous, picked myself up, and immediately thieved all the sites she loves. she really should be more careful.




one such site is badass of the week, which makes me love history for the first time in my when-was-the-war-of-1812? pitiful little life.

my favorite so far is baldwin IV of jerusalem. i've tried for a maddening ten minutes to figure out the most genius excerpt to throw down here to make you love it, too, but i find this impossible. will you promise to read the first two paragraphs? ok, then.

i've sort of always believed in this concept, so it's not surprising how i drool over this bad boy. i think he'd look stunning with a pair of flip flops and a nothing tank.



if i had three wishes, one would definitely involve haute hippie. do you have a brand that makes your heart race like that?

this post made me re-think red. plus miss murano.




which reminded me of this.




leslie-miles is a sight. this, to me, is my greatest fear...




and this, to me, might very well be my greatest freedom. well. that, and voting and stuff.




one last thing. i was invited to the sweetest baby shower this weekend, and met some hilarious and kind and open and lovely women who made me laugh. loudly. i spent time with my good girlfriends, too. chatted with my sister who's more like my best friend, and my sister-in-law who's more like my sister. and then there are all those imaginary friends who, some days, feel very. very. real.

friendships, both fresh and ripe, are scrumptious, aren't they?

mary and i made this for our friends and yours. we hope you love it as much as we do...




as always, click on the turquoise links to get to the treasures. and have a sweet day.

12 comments:

Krissy | Paper Schmaper said...

hooray for great links! yippee... also, that card is oh-so-sweet. I think I need it!

mrs. darling said...

i just fell head over heels for haute hippie. oh, dear.

Anonymous said...

that skirt and, somehow i just know, your legs have to meet.
the dangling feet had my shoulders creeping up to my earlobes in anxiety......aaaaaaaaaaaahhhh.
xxxxxxoooooo,
katie

Mary said...

Wonderful list of fun finds!

peege said...

I LOVE India Knight, thank-you had no idea she blogs.
As for Badass, fabulous, I have a degree in History, at least thats what I thought til I read the blog!

Brandi said...

early in the week overload. i love the new sweet at the shoppe. i'm reminding myself i have no more wall space, but i keep looking for some. oh, and i do need to get out and meet some friends here. tricky to do in grad school. there are just days i want to talk about nothing but where to find the perfect pizza and i'm met with philosophical conversations that use vocabulary that i need to look up. good to learn yes, but not always that delicious to eat.

Unknown said...

Just checked out India's blog, very cool. Love her new business card:)

Jane Flanagan said...

I think Morrison is the brand that makes my heart race like that. But sometimes, a rogue collection will trump them.

I'm scared to click over to this blog for fear I might be sucked in and waste hours and hours. I'll save it for a quieter moment (whatever that is!)

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

I want to feel that freedom...open spaces with my very best quad-ped friend!

Mrs.French said...

oh how i have missed you...this pretty post is the perfect example of why this is. i love absolutely everything on you pretty list...you and mary's pretty masterpiece is my very favorite. xo t

Kristin said...

i think that this print by you and mary is my favorite. yes, it is. ;)

plaisirs simples said...

LOVE this post! the skirt, the skirt, the skirt....have. to. have.