04 January 2010

alt...

have you ever wished you'd done something different with your life? yeah. me, too.

a few of my regrets? in no particular order...

i wish i'd thought of the old-school j. peterman catalog. it's still whisper brilliant, like a secret only a few of us remember, but back in the day...did i just write back in the day? ugh. anyway. the paper version was old-school gatsby genius. if only it had been my genius.

i should've been philosophy's original copywriter. i am hope in a bottle.




keep calm and carry on? could've been mine. with one minor spelling change.

my list goes on and on. oh joy's notebooks. heather armstrong's books. gayla trail's gorgeous green thumb. everything maxwell gillingham-ryan and grace bonney.




i am not martha and notcot and, some days, i am a mighty girl. especially after i drink my design milk. there are days when i wake up and all i want to do is design for mankind. plus look like erin loechner.

{sob.}

it's too late for me. {although i am pretty sure i could steal simple lovely's style smarts without too much of a tussle. that joslyn always says yes to me.} but you! you still have a chance!




altitude design summit. will it make you richer? maybe. cuter? possibly. more interesting? definitely. could alt transform you from a daily blogger to a blogging influence? who knows. there's always that chance, don't you think? i've said it before, and i'll say it again: i like chances. specifically, the taking of them.

alt is the first of its kind. and how often does that come around? like...once?

because after not dreaming up twitter, the iphone, or the feather report, i've learned my lesson. i'll be there. and you?

say yes.

register for alt right here. i'll see you right there. in other news, if i was a bauble designer, i would be called zoe bonbon. t.ruffles may be candy for your soul, but these are candy for your wrist. get yours at brown button trading. and that candle is called make a dream. exactly.

16 comments:

Brandi said...

I've had lots of "I could've/should've thought of that" moments before. I so want to go to the alt design summit, but sadly I don't have the cash. That, and I promised one of my best friends that I would take a short drive to LA to celebrate her 30th. Please have double the fun for me while you're there. I'm going to bookmark the site and keep my fingers crossed that it's a bit closer to where I am next year.

emily b. said...

those bracelets really ARE like candy. i am drooling over the dark grey one. they just seem like instant fun. like, totally.

xo, em

Joslyn said...

oooh can't wait ;-)

and yes... i always say yes ;-)

meezo said...

wish i could say yes this year. i'm so loving this blogging world and just starting to figure out my groove. loved your list of regrets..philosophy is on mine too (i'm a huge Amazing Grace fan). mine would also be quotablecards.com and mangoink.com. although i never think it's too late...or at least that's what i tell myself. enjoy yourself. :)

Richie Designs said...

I wish I could afford to go. I guess I'll have to wait till the second time. you guys can work out the hairy details now and get it ready for me.

unless someone dreams up a fairy and she pays my way there!

please sir said...

I love this post and could read it over and over. What a great way to highlight inspiring blogs. Happy 2010 filled with love and luck.

Anonymous said...

I don't think my "mommy blog" counts as someone who should be at this thing. But what fun! I can't wait to hear about it.

Shannon said...

The list of...oh I wish...and...had I only. If you could see my stash of small notebooks that hold dreams and tales that were flooded by the ink of magical pens. Of the drugstore variety. I wish I could attend, what a great event.

Happy New Year!

Melissa de la Fuente said...

YOU are brilliant and I am sobbing....because I won't be there....sob...sob....and these baubles? DIvine.....
xoxo
Melis

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Brown Button Trading said...

ooooh me likey the baubles as well - I've actually put them ALL on at once, kind of not a cool look, but SO much fun..... xx

Rachel said...

I personally have loved your writing from the start. And am sad I can't see the archives of the first year of machin ink. Such beauty!

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

I wish I could go to Alt!! Maybe next year!

Megan {ShabbyBlogs} said...

I am SO going. :)

marta said...

crying myself to sleep.. can't go. but i love SLC. it's the very best, especially with an incredible cast like that. enjoy it.

/// said...

ahhhh you are the cutest! just caught this post and loved it.

of course, you wouldn't want to look like me w/out a photoshop brush handy. ;)

see you very soon @ alt! :)