09 November 2009

i can't keep a secret for the life of me...

like, at all. embarrassingly so, in fact.

i don't know what comes over me. there's a silent moment and i. need. to. fill. it.

usually with humiliating confidential information. not mine. usually resulting in extremely awkward silence. plus discomfort. not mine. and always followed by a sharp but momentary shot of panic and a shocking absence of guilt and a lot of laughter and wide-eyed glee. all mine.

i was paired with amanda from a sucker for marketing for design crush and greedy girl's 2010 calendar swap and this is the one i sent her.




it was supposed to be a secret until she received it, i think.

whatever. she got off easy. i spilled way better this weekend at the palm. i daresay our friend will never leave a tip without thinking of me. for the rest of his life. but, man, did i giggle.

my sincere apologies {but very little remorse} to the godfather. and to amanda. order this calendar or anything, really, from a little hut. i bought her little red riding hood papercut series last year, and everyone asks if i made them myself. i always say yes.

8 comments:

Amanda said...

you crack.me.up! Too funny! I haven't gotten it yet, but now I am even more excited to get it. I am not a good secret keeper either! Hope your weekend was a blast!

Brandi said...

It's so incredibly cute! Somehow I missed this calendar swap. I would have so loved to do it. I'll keep my eye out for it next year...

Kay* said...

lol...to funny. as soon as i read the post title i thought of my sister - i JUST blogged about how she can't keep a secret at ALL! these cards are beautiful...they look like the could even be used as a stencil.

Melissa de la Fuente said...

you are a cutie pie and I love this beautiful calendar! so there! :)
xo
Melis

Kristin said...

Ooh yay! Time to look at 2010 calendars already! I can't wait to pick one out (and to fill it full of playdates for the little ones!)

Mrs.French said...

gorgeous...so, so lucky...I don't think she'll mind the slip when this shows up at her house...xo t

Candi said...

I LOVE it! Talk about gorgeous!

kathleen said...

is the godfather our favorite persian?